Saturday, December 18, 2004

Health, health, health darling!

Today I had a rather unusual craving for salad. Why is this unusual, mostly because I don't eat green stuff if I can avoid it. :) But today, I thought a nice crisp cucumber and some lettuce would be yummy. Now before you all go thinking I'm healthy and crap, you should know what was in this salad...
Lettuce - Iceberg. I'm not a big fan of the rock & twig lettuce. I ate a salad once at the Captain Cook in Anchorage and it totally seemed like I was eating dandelions. It was not yummy.
Cucumbers - Yum. I've always loved cucumbers.
Carrots - Again yum. I've always liked carrots (raw never cooked).
So that's all relatively good right? Here's where the salad started going downhill...
Chicken. Ok, chicken isn't really bad for you. Protein and all that.
Shredded Cheddar - Yum cheese! Really, it's all about the cheese.
Ranch - Based on the amount still in the bottom of the bowl, I used way too much ranch. :) But it is so yummy. And it was Lite Done Right, that counts right? :) Right??

I made this salad while I was STARVING so it was huge (the middle size of one of those 3 glass mixing bowl sets). Now I'm completely full, except maybe for a little space for a fudgsicle. Those are healthy, right?? RIGHT?

No comments: