Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Excessive shopping & traumatic TV

So one of my biggest problems when I was unemployed was that I would get bored and go wander downtown and spend money I didn't have. Now I'm gainfully employed, on vacation and bored and wandering downtown spending money I kindof have but shouldn't spend. :) Although today I only spent $27.00 so that's not too horrible. At my almost new favorite store Bed Bath & Beyond I found another extremely cool thing... Ok actually I already bought it like 2 weeks ago but I bought the wrong size and they let me exchange it even though I had lost the receipt. Anyway they have these shower curtain rods that are tension based so you can put it in a doorway or I guess the wall between the bathroom, but they are fabulous for me because I didn't want to put screws in the wall to hang up the curtain I have for between my living room & kitchen (doorway but nothing there) and the one I have for the closet (for some reason I have no closet doors). Anyway look how easily I get sidetracked... I also bought Wil Wheaton's new book Just A Geek. Yay. I have a small schoolgirl crush on Wil Wheaton. I loved him in Stand By Me. I only watched Star Trek Next Generation when he would be on. After he left the show, I stopped watching. Once I started reading his blog, I started having a great respect for him. Any guy who loves his wife and step-kids the way he apparently does is a good guy. I'm excited to start the book... :)

With nothing else on this evening, I decided to watch Mystic River. Somethingorother Award winning for Tim Robbins and Sean Penn. All I can say is I want that 45 minutes back. It was painfully slow and required way more focus than I wanted to give it. So then I switched to The Amazing Race for the last 15 minutes of the show. Michelle & I have been talking about this show recently because she knows one of the women on the show this round. I figured I would check it out since Veronica Mars is in reruns. It was painful (not painful sad, but painful like a tooth being drilled without novacaine). I think maybe it was because I don't watch the show regularly AND it was a highlights clip show but I didn't like any of the people shown and thought they were so awful I wouldn't want to see any of them win. Of course much of reality tv is like that.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I didn't see Mystic River because the trailers were painful enough. I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach the entire movie. We watched Shrek 2 last night.

Kate the Peon said...

I started watching Mystic River but just could not get into it!

The same with Lost in Translation - I'm sorry, but that movie sucked. It was slow and dull and boring and slow.