Tuesday, December 20, 2005

New Year's Goals

I never make resolutions. I don't believe in them. (And yes I realize I'm a week early) but I've thought of some goals for the New Year that I would like to accomplish. I think if perhaps I reframe them into goals as opposed to resolutions they'll be more likely to happen.

1 - I am going to work on being more accepting of those whose priorities are different than mine. Not be so judgmental about them. I hate it beyond hate when someone tries to change me, so why do I do the same to them?

2 - I'm going to find a yoga class I can afford to go once a week. I need to strengthen my trunk so I stop screwing up my back.

3 - I'm going to go back to meal planning every week like I did. When I went to the grocery store on Saturdays or Sundays my life was easier, but now that I only do it sporadically because I'm not supposed to be field tripping any more than necessary, I find that I don't want to cook and I don't have any food that combines well to make a meal. Ie I have a ton of meat in the freezer but not much else.
Sub goal 3 - I have to do dishes more often. I never want to cook because there's no space. There's no space because it is a tiny kitchen and all flat surfaces are covered in dishes that need to be washed. Sigh.

4 - Find a new crush. Michelle's deadline is fast looming and although I don't have to do what Michelle tells me to do, the reality is if I'm unwilling to do the work, which I am, then I need to find someone who is interested in me. Which wc may or may not be. In any event, I don't want to be the girl that the guy goes out with because she wore him down. We knew that girl in college. She was pathetic, and I don't want to be her. So after Jan 1, I'm not going to be actively interested in him. If he chats with me great, if not life goes on. I'm going to be actively looking for a new crush. (or even better an actual guy to date.)

5 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Very good goals. I especially like the part where I am the boss of you. Did you have goals for 2005? Did you accomplish them?

Kate the Peon said...

Strengthening your trunk sounds naughty.

Joanne said...

Only in the loosest interpretation of the 4th goal are you the boss of me. :) And if something significant happens between the WC and me in the next 4 days, you know goal 4 is out the window. :)

I did not have goals last year because in reality I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I think mid year I did some goals (like I did the previous year) but those totally did not happen.

Jodi said...

Very inspirational. And I like that you call them "goals" instead of resolutions, which we all know are just there to be broken.

Mind Sprite said...

Good luck! I like the idea of goals instead of resolutions. I might have to try this. The only "resolution" I ever kept was to be prompt in sending out birthday cards in the coming year. Anything that requires will power or sacrifice don't have a good chance of success.