Wednesday, February 18, 2004

30 Angst

I realized today that I haven't been angsting as much about turning 30 as I did before. So that got me thinking, why the sudden change of heart. Nothing has changed in my life, except crap has gotten worse.. ;) I'm still in a job that although I love certain aspects of it, I hate other aspects (mostly the mind numbing boredom). I'm in a job where I am not quite making enough money to survive. I'm still single, and technically when I first began freaking out about turning 30, I was seeing someone so this is technically a step backwards. (Completely random sidenote, I hope that if Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson have kids the kids don't get his nose... AND eeeww... I'm watching Jessica Simpson Driven and they're talking about Jessica's 1st time... eeewww! oh damn... her mom just totally insulted her... she said "I know she sounds dumb, but this is who she is" back to the post:) I think perhaps, though, that a large part of my 30 angst die down is because so much else has gone on lately. I've had other things on my mind... And now, what am I going to do... I think acceptance has happened. What're the 5 stages of grieving... I think this is the wrong order but: sadness, anger, denial, bargaining and acceptance. Ok OK turning 30 is not necessarily something to grieve over. It happens to almost everyone eventually. I think my plan has helped a lot. It is like I'm taking some control over my life which lately has seemed so out of control. I have something else to obsess on instead of turning 30. Michelle claims that perhaps 2004 is not the year of Joanne, but the 30th year is the year of Joanne. I hope she's right. I need something good lately.

No comments: