Saturday, February 21, 2004

Today

Today was a pretty good day. Of course, I spent most of it in my jammies. :D I went up to Fred Meyer's today to buy my new Brita water filter thingie to work on one of my self improvement prongs. The water in downtown Seattle is not great. Somehow I managed to spend almost 100.00 at Freddies. Of course a bunch of that was on GF foods. (almost 1/2 to be exact) Recently there has been some discussion on my Celiac Listserv about whether or not we can take a tax deduction on our special food that we have to buy. The answer is, sort of. Typically if we have a medical note documenting the condition, we can take the difference in costs between the average price of like a box of crackers and the 3.59 I pay for 18 of them. This discussion has prompted the rock and twig Celiac people to go off on their rock and twig tangent about how we shouldn't get a deduction on food we shouldn't eat anyway, blah blah blah. They go on and on about natural food and how all this processed crap is bad for us blah blah blah. I get rather sick of that whole school of thought. The raw and natural foodies go on and on about this every couple of months. If that's what they like to eat, more power to them, but don't try to convince me that I need to eat that way. Ok I'm done with that gripe. :D I'm very pleased. I managed to crochet my first hat. It is very cute. While at Freddies I bought some new yarn to make another hat or two. I bought this white microfiber yarn that is beautiful, and black furry yarn. We'll see how this goes. :D I still haven't figured out where my field trip tomorrow is going to take me. I need to come up with somewhere to go. I also need to do some stuff around the house, but golly... I DON'T WANT TO! :D

No comments: