Saturday, February 28, 2004

Training and tigers and bears oh my

Today I attended Encampment director training. The biggest thing I learned, I am screwed! :D OK not screwed exactly but this is going to be a shitload of work.... (commentary from my ever supportive mother to follow). I also learned that almost all the things we did in Alaska for our regular camp were wrong, but whatever... none of the girls died. While I was sitting there being bored, I started wondering what was happening at camp now adays... Camp is the whole basis for my dragonfly tattoo... (One of the best quotes ever from camp... "What are those dragonflys doing?" "They're Dancing...")Interestingly enough, the camp that our encampment will be at has no canoing or swimming. I have no idea what we are going to do there. I haven't had a huge amount of guidance about this either from my service unit. Ugh. They've only really succeeded in confusing me. Whatever. I'll muddle through. Any whoo... so this is my mom's comment when I mention that I was at encampment director training "sounds like a huge amount of work for a thankless job and a bunch of criticism from people who didn't want to do it but could've done it better." UGH... is it any wonder I'm the way I am sometimes. Good god, how could anyone end up 'normal' with that woman for a mother?

I watched queer eye for the straight guy today. It was last Tuesday's episode. I didn't think the guy's hair was a huge improvement, BUT I totally teared up when he proposed to the girlfriend and she cried. What a wimp I can be.

No comments: