Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Blah blah blah fishcakes...

I think that is from TWOP. (Actually I know it is from TWOP but it is funny)

So I went to the Thinking Day event last night. It was as I should've expected, not as I was being nervous nelly expected... Some of the leaders went all out and had huge displays and others were halfassed like me and had a map and the flag and a few other things... We were also not the only ones not to perform. I felt it was a tad disorganized and I am now understanding how they keep telling me that organizing the encampment is no big deal if this was an example of how things are run!

I went to get bacon just a few minutes ago and was very sad to discover that the student center stops serving breakfast at 9:30. What kind of students are these that can get breakfast between the hours of 7 and 9:30??!! They have 'continental breakfast' from 9:30 until 11ish then lunch is served. I remember our commons. Wasn't it like open from o dark o'clock until like 9 or 10 at night? Probably I'm just remembering the way I want to but I think that's mostly because I am so disappointed. I so wanted bacon. I guess this is a sign I should be eating the orange I have on my desk instead. On that note, the plan is humming along accordingly. Except Sat & Sun I have been able to drink 64oz of water a day. I find it much harder on the weekend (even now that I have a filter) because I don't start consuming ANYTHING until like 1:00 in the afternoon. (I don't know why, that's the first time I feel HUNGRY I guess). I'm getting 3 - 4 fruits and veggies a day... mostly fruits tho. Still working out. Next week we start going to the gym earlier so we can shower after the workout to gear up for the next time level. I so don't want to shower in front of 20somethings... Maybe if I'm lucky most of them aren't up at that hour... (or they're getting breakfast!) I've found that I burn as many calories and sweat just as much if i do a steadier pace than if I go all out and slow down and go all out and slow down so now I'm hovering around 142 - 146 strides/min. I was up doing over 150 but then i would have to stop and slow down and and and... slower but steadier is better I think. Eventually I'll be able to maintain higher strides/min for longer time, but I'm building up to that and that's okay.

Whee! Roughly 2 weeks until Michelle comes... oh damn now I have to CLEAN!!

No comments: