Monday, February 16, 2004

I've almost made it!

Phew... There are only 3.5 hrs left of today and so far I haven't cried. Nothing bad has happened. I may have made it through ONE day this weekend... (Ok I didn't cry yesterday when I fell down the steps but I wanted to.) I have discovered that Water Chestnuts have zero nutritional value. They have practically no calories either so really they are like ice berg lettuce. Just company for your mouth. I guess it makes sense since they seem to have no taste of their own either, just absorb the taste of whatever accompanying sauce you put with them. I like them though. :) I made another of my famous batches of Chicken in Garlic Sauce. Less salty this time so I must be doing SOMETHING right. Thus far, I have doubled the sauce recipe because I like a lot of sauce but I decreased the soy sauce and added water, rather than fully doubling the soy sauce. Last time I just did a plain double of every ingredient and it was too salty. I will continue questing for the perfect Chicken in Garlic Sauce recipe.

No comments: