Friday, February 13, 2004

Accomplishment

Ahh... What a good day today was. I have a plan. That's good. Plans are good. I feel very optimistic about all this. Change is good (I change my underwear Hanes cotton... Hanes cool comfort). I think in doing it the way I am, I am bringing about change in a slow manner to build up. I don't believe in elimination of anything else from my diet (you know the whole wheat thing being hard enough). Plus I feel like when a person eliminates a food they like that causes them to want to eat more of the food (Michelle understands this given her present obsession... ;) ).

I'm watching the Apprentice and as I watch this boardroom and all I can think of is that Heidi needs a hair cut. NEEDS a hair cut. Her ends are so frayed and just crappy. Jessie's speaking style annoys the crap out of me and she should be slapped. She talks like she is talking to a 5 year old. Holy shit... he is getting rid of Jessie who is totally not the one I thought would go. And god she needs to stop whining to Mr. Trump. Interesting... I thought the great romance the show kept hyping was kinda lukewarm at best... Add the pathetic smackdown of a couple of weeks ago and i just want to say, the show is compelling enough they don't have to hype something like that and then let us down.

Oh so back to accomplishment... I spent about 2 hours this afternoon designing a webpage for my boss. Y'all will never be able to see it or anything (since it is on our intranet) and I didn't do much on layout but used a template, but it was a challenge and I totally enjoyed it. I NEED more challenges like this at work. I would love my job even more if I had more challenges like this. Luckily when I get more experience working with Dreamweaver, I'll get to do all the benefits updates and any other benefits stuff she wants to add (ok basically I can do all that now but on today's build, I have to get help on merging my stuff with the template that will make the page look right and how to get my page attached to the site but that's no big deal. :) PLUS I get more training in Dreamweaver in like 2 weeks so that I can know how to do a lot of different things. I'm excited about this aspect of my job. I think once I'm comfy V has offered to let me have space on his site and I'll work on building my own. I started one a long time ago in front page, but I don't have a photo editor program so I gave up. Hmm... maybe that's what I need to ask my parents for for my birthday! :D

Maybe part of my improvement plan should be to go to bed earlier. I'm now getting up at 5:30 to get to work by six:45 to work out for 35 min... I think to get to the 45 min goal I'm going to have to prolly get to work by six:30. Ugh... once I'm at the 45 min goal, I'm going to have to shower at the gym (I know gross but right now I shower before I go to work so I'm mostly clean for the day but the amount I sweat... gross!) The gym showers are yucky and not at all private. One of the nice aspects of 24 hr fitness was that in the locker room, the showers were in their own individual cubbys. These are more like the ones we had at Patty Center at the U. I SO don't want to share my nakedness with those little 20 something college girls... Now that I work out regularly in the morning I have started to see some of the other regulars and Jess and I have made up names for them. Like there's anorexic girl (who is like a size zero or maybe negative 2 and gets on the trainer and just GOES) and smug girl who like prances on it... I think because her legs are short.

Final thought, it is nice to be flirted with, even if it is jut the QFC checker guy who flirts with everyone and is like 25 at the oldest. God when did I become THAT old lady? ;)

No comments: