Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Airline

I find this show FASCINATING. The bullshit airline workers put up with is amazing. It is almost painful to watch because I can't help but think who... who finds these behaviors acceptable. I like to think that perhaps people don't necessarily realize what they sound like. I will be the first to admit that I have had flight issues. The airlines not perfect. They do a lot of things (they being airlines in general not the poor schmo at the ticket counter) that frustrate people, like overbook. But DAMN... Some of these people act like these poor airline workers are out to get them personally. (I've both dated a person like that and my mother IS that person so I find that personality frustrating as hell) It isn't like the airline employee woke up one morning and thought I'm going to hassle the white guy today. Oh no... this blind guy is waiting for his 'blind date' (he is blind) and for a brief moment I was so scared she wasn't going to show up and the poor airline worker would have to console the poor blind guy.

1 comment:

TIMMY! said...

good point...they have thousands of peeps coming through and they'll screw up every now and then...but people do take it personally which is crazy.