Sunday, July 11, 2004

Mundane weekend

Contrary to what I'm sure y'all believe, I do lead a pretty boring life. I know that it's hard to tell given all the wild and crazy adventures I speak of oh so frequently, but much of my weekends are spent doing the following: grocery shopping, laundry at 6:00ish Sunday morning, dishes, and Friday dinner of Tacos Del Mar (sometimes Sat dinner depending). This weekend, no real exception. Oh wait... there was one. I took Baxter for a walk. The Bax doesn't especially like going on walks. I drag her out periodically because I think it is good for her. Once we're out, she doesn't mind it. She crawls around in the grass, digs in the dirt, all those cute little ferrety activities. Today we followed some bizarre scent all over the place. I think she thought she was hunting a squirrel. We didn't find it which is probably good for The Baxter because these city squirrels would kick her ass.

Sometimes I have an idea that sounds better in my head than it might actually be. Since March, I've been thinking of getting a kitten. Mostly to join Bax as a playmate but also because The Bax is already 6 and ferrets only have a life span about 7 - 8 years, so in a year or so I get to look forward to another death which may actually break my heart more than Minka's. Anyway, I've been thinking about getting a kitten and I actually emailed someone I found on craigslist (I think I have to give big props to Michelle for hooking me up with this site. I lurve it!) who had an orange male kitten for free. My older sister claimed that boy cats are generally more loving and cuddly than girls. Something about how in the wild cat world, the girl cats go out and hunt and bring the food back for their family and the boys just lounge around. Hence boy boy cats are lazier and more cuddly. So I expressed an interest in a kitten. Then I had expressed interest remorse. I got an email back from the girl and was given a phone number. I waited most of today and finally called. I was relieved to discover that the kitten already found a new home. I would've felt bad if I backed out but that she couldn't find a different person for him. I've seen another kitten group on craigslist and am fighting the urge to email them.

It is kind of funny... major life things, I just do... little random things I'll obsess and think about forever before actually doing it. I've been considering this kitten thing for 4 months. 4 MONTHS (and I'm still waffling on the decision and making the commitment). I considered the tattoo for years before I finally decided to do it and then the design took many many months of consideration too. But the decision to move to Seattle? One random day. I just up and decided to do it. Didn't really obsess about the idea, decided to do it and 4 months later once all the details were ready... did it. Decide to move to CA... Michelle emailed me and just agreed like in one day. So.. I'll probably end up doing a Dharma & Greg thing and get married like 2 days after meeting Mr Hypothetical Right, but obsess for 6 months before buying my first new coffee table.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I will definitely help you pick out a coffe table when the time comes.

TIMMY! said...

everyone's life is boring...you just never admit it. lol

the cat thing...the hardest thing is cleaning out the litter box...everything is cool that comes with a pet.