Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Fun with Personal Ads

I am a huge fan of Craigslist. I read it daily and find it totally fascinating. There are a number of subcatagories on Craigslist that I love. One of my favorites is the missed connections. I think because I am a romantic at heart and I do kind of love the idea of 'they share that look on the subway and...' And they meet and live happily ever after. I don't think I will ever find myself described in there (with the exception of Michelle's post to me since she knew how much I love that section). I also love to read the personals on there. There is such a wide variety of posts. Obviously all the men who post on Craigslist are hot model types seeking the same. Since I am not a hot model type, I mostly just read them and don't bother replying. BUT one today piqued my curiosity. I am fearful that the guy's ad was serious, but it amused me to reply to it anyway. His ad had a list of 10 questions with multiple choice answers. The A answer was clearly doormat 'nice?' girl answers. The B answer was maybe middle of the road but some of them not so much. The C answers were like total harpie bitch answers. He also gave an option for D answers (D being create your own answer..). I seem to have chosen all D ansers. A couple of the question highlights with my answers...
- You meet up with friends for drinks and dinner and you notice him looking down the shirt of one of your big chested friends, you: My answer... D - Never would happen. I have the biggest chest of all my friends. (Random note... I was trying to buy a sports bra in JC Penney. Apparently they put the sports bras for girls my bra size right next to the bras for girls with no size... did you know almost A was a size?)
- You find out he stretched the truth a bit, this
girl he is still in contact with that he claims is
just a friend is really a ex-girlfriend and she’s a
stripper, you: D - I am pissed because he lied (this is not stretching the truth this is an outright lie). I don't mind that he has friends who he may or may not have used to boink... but tell me the damn truth about it. Hoping he keeps that in mind when he finds out about some of the guys I'm still friends with.
- It’s your best friends little sisters graduation party and he gets drunk and
is flirting with all the 18 year old girls, you would: D - Point out that at his age (38) it is creepy pervy to be hitting on 18 year old girls.

The rest of the questions are equally odd... I am almost 100% certain I won't hear from him based on my honest, but probably not girl of his dreams answers.. I'll let y'all know if I do. :)

1 comment:

TIMMY! said...

Weirdo...just for putting that question in of being a 38 year old hitting on 18 year olds. lol