Friday, July 02, 2004

Fellow Gym Showerers

I can't believe I forgot about these women. There actually are people showering at 7:00 when Jess & I shower. This group of (to my mind at least) scary swiming/bicycling/Ironman (Ironwoman?) freaks are in there every morning comparing their swimming notes and what races/contests they are planning on doing. They are fairly intense about it and I almost fear them. These are also the dreaded locker room naked women. IE they just wander around the whole locker room completely naked not really trying to cover anything. You can tell I grew up in a repressed Catholic non-naked house. We did not walk around naked. Ever. We did not see each other naked... we did not discuss naked... (hell we never discussed sex until I was an adult and my little sister was knocked up and my mother was explaining to me how I was incorrect in my assertion that she could've made him wear a condom. She said that men don't like them and I just don't understand... I, being 21 years old at the time did not correct her incorrect view. When I was about 16ish she wanted me ME to tell my sister the facts of life. When I refused, she bought Amanda a book. A book! Good luck to you Timmy on explaining to Curly Top where babies come from). So I am totally uncomfortable around naked people... really, in the gym.. how hard is it to put a towel around you? or you know put the panties and bra on at least.

1 comment:

TIMMY! said...

where the hell are you showering? Europe? ...some people are just like that.

and thank you for your kind support with curly top in regards to the facts of life. =p