Thursday, July 22, 2004

Boring Gym Stuff redux

So today I went to the gym and was a wee bit sad to discover that my gym buddy flaked again this morning.  That's Monday she flaked, Tuesday we agreed to skip just because we're tired and today she flaked.  I however, have been faithful to gym schedule (except Tuesday when we both agreed to skip and which is traditionally my day off anyway)... and that's 1/2 the battle right there.   Two very exciting points to share... 1 - I have to do shoulder weight stuff because my shoulders are killing me with the big back pack I carry every day now.  Since we shower at the gym, I now cart my towel, clean clothes, shampoo/conditioner, soap, lotion etc etc etc back and forth to work every day.  I'm discovering my shoulders don't like this so much.  Now I know what all those pantywaist highschool kids complain about with regards to their big back packs.  Anyway way off topic there... I've been doing shoulder weight stuff for the past few weeks.  Shrugs, something called tea cups and a couple of others that involve freeweights.  This week I discovered I was able to move up from 8lb weights to 10 lb weights.  Yippee for me!  The 2nd which I may or may not have shared previously is that I am now able to do 3 sets of 10 leg lifts on the Roman Chair.  I do 2 of those extending my legs out straight and 1 set is knees curled up.  I am very pleased that I can do them without feeling either like I'm going to fall off or die.  I've also upped my weight amount on the torso twist thing (50 lbs here) and the back machine (70 lbs on the back machine baby!)... Now if only the gelatinous blob around my mid section would go away... I'm not asking to be a size 2 or anything, but you know... Of course if I actually restricted what I eat that would help, but nah... I like food too much. :)

No comments: