Saturday, July 24, 2004

Other news...

I signed up for a sewing class today.  Just beginning sewing and on a machine, but I will get to make a pair of drawstring pants. :)  This is towards my goal of learning to quilt.  If I find that I have the patience and ability to do this, so it is good to start small.  I start stuff all the time but never manage to finish... sigh. 

I went out tanning today.  I spent a whopping 20 minutes outside.  I can only do that much for several reasons.   1 - since I am the whitest white that ever did white, I will burn if I try to tan much longer than that... I'm now not snowball white but snowball with a few pale brown specks white... (since I only freckle).  2 - I get overheated.  One of the hardest things about me living in Arizona was that I would get overheated at the drop of a hat. I spent many a summer day sun sick after spending the previous day doing something fun in the sun.  & 3 - I get bored.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Volunteering news - I am volunteering tomorrow night for a firefighter gala.  I will be doing coat check for an auction and fancyass dinner.  Dinner of the $150/plate variety.  I'm kind of excited because well, yum firefighters. :)  It supports their charity and is in conjunction with a big golf game that is happening tomorrow.  Hypothetically there may be some minor celebrities there.  (Does Trista Rehn and hubby whatever his name is count as a minor celebrity?)  Richard Karn (formerly of Home Improvement & presently Family Feud) will be there as it is his golf tournament. 

Finally, I have convinced Vlad to volunteer with me.  We will be doing the Seattle Paint Out in August.  This is where we go and clean up graffitti in our neighborhoods.  Recently while V & I were out walking, we were discussing volunteering and he said that he would help with a project if it got rid of the graffitti.  I reminded him yesterday of this discussion.  He thinks I tricked him, but he is going.  I am slightly shocked.  The Paint Out gets a ton of support from area businesses so we will get lunch from a local place and on Sunday, there is a banquet/celebration where it is catered by a restaurant and a bunch of door prizes are given out.  It will be fun I think. 

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

1. Where are you taking this sewing class. I have been wanting to do that, mostly because curtains are outrageously expensive and how hard can it be to sew a few straight lines? From what I remember of 8th grade home ec. class, it wasn't too difficult. I made an apron and a pillow that looked like a shark.