Friday, July 30, 2004

Transcription & naps & stuff oh my!

One of the things I'm volunteering to do right now is transcribe these interviews done for a documentary.  They are really interesting what I've gotten though thus far, but they are really hard to do.  You wouldn't believe how much people repeat themselves and use um, like, uh... Conversation on TV doesn't do this justice.  I've spent about an hour and I think I've gotten through about 15 minutes of tape (maybe less than that :'( ).  I have to rewind a lot because this woman talking uses a lot of big words and repeats herself a lot. 

I took a nap before the woman delivering the tapes visited.  You, dear readers, may or not know that I take a nap almost every afternoon after work.  I think because I go to bed so late and get up so early I need this nap time.  I want to get out of the habit but I just fall asleep on the sofa, so I've started giving into the temptation.  

Finally, MattyP and I are going to the arboretum this weekend.  I'm pretty stoked because it is supposed to be beautiful there and the hydrangea are in bloom. 

No comments: