Sunday, July 25, 2004

Firefighter thing

So the nice thing about the firefighter thing is that it was in a hotel which is air conditioned!  Wahoo!  I was on coat check, but obviously since it is 80+ degrees outside there aren't a lot of coats to check.  I ultimately ended up helping with the sorting and filing of the auction slips.  It was a pretty good time altogether.  I saw Trista & Ryan.  She is the tiniest person ever!  She has a fabu body too.  This young volunteer asked for their autograph and that was so cute to see.  I also saw Richard Karn.  He is looking much slimmer since his Home Improvement days, but still the same hair & beard.  The auction raised about 87k.  They were hoping for more, though.  I got to talk to several nice people.  All in all a pretty good time.  The only bad thing is that they didn't serve any food to the volunteers that I could eat and I didn't eat before I left so when I got home I was starving!  I don't know what I was thinking not eating.  I never usually trust these volunteer events where they feed us will have food I can eat.  Now I'm eating hunk o' red meat. Yum... red meat is YUMMY. 

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Re: Richard Karn

Heather used to work security on Home Improvement. When it was in its last season, she got me and Lynette in to see it. We were waiting in the VIP line behind some of Richard Karn's guests. He came out to say hi to them. Even when he was on the show, he was much thinner than he looked on TV. He really wasn't a big guy, just kind of stocky. That is when I realized that the thing about TV adding pounds really is true.

Then, later you and I got to go to the Academy Awards and I saw that all those actressed who even look like a nearly normal size were so thin they were nearly invisible. Well, then I was sad. For them for not being to eat. And for me for not being able to wear Nicole Kidman's pink ruffley dress.