Monday, July 05, 2004

Bad Dream

I had one of the saddest dreams in recent memory this morning, although I did not wake up crying which is nice. In my dream I had cancer and I thought I was in the cancer ward of the hospital but now that I'm thinking about it in the morning I think it was more like a hospice. But there was a room full of us and we were in bunks. The key players are me, a baby, a woman and her son who is maybe 4. The baby dies. That's all I actually remember about the baby. The son isn't sick. He is just there because his mother was there. She was doing well in the dream but got much sicker as the dream went on. At one point in the dream, she collapsed. The nurses/drs came in to take care of her and the little boy was so scared. So I went over and comforted him on his bunk bed. Then there was a barbecue but I was actually reading a book about a woman who was preparing to die. I guess I was preparing to die. It was altogether a depressing dream.

According to my good friends at dreammoods.com

Cancer: To dream that you have cancer, denotes hopelessness, grief, self-pity, and unforgiveness. You feel you are wasting your life away. This dream also represents areas in your life which are bothering you, disturbing you, and hurting you in some emotional way.

Die: To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation.

Barbecue: To dream of a barbecue, refers to a minor problem that is affecting your social life.

Book: To see books in your dream, indicates calmness. You will advance toward your goals at a slow and steady pace. Books also symbolize knowledge, intellect, information and wisdom. Consider the type of book. It may represent a significant calling into a specific field of work.

Hmmm..So apparently I feel bad about myself but that's changing?

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

My dream last night was about me deciding between two guys with whom I was contemplating cheating on my boyfriend. My boyfriend was not my husband. It was Scott from AK. I was contemplating cheating on him with my old work crush (it was him in a different body) and someone else who looked like him (A different guy but in the work crush's body). Scott ran away like a cry baby and I hooked up with work crush. I don't think I need dreammoods.com to tell me what this dream means.

TIMMY! said...

weird dream...thanks for the link.

michelle...you need something lol