Thursday, July 15, 2004

Michelle's Dream Analysis

The Dream
I was in the elevator at work, heading upstairs from the parking garage. The elevator was basically just a large platform with a vertical metal beam at the back that had the floor buttons on it. I pushed the button for my floor and it light up red. The elevator started moving up and I was thrown slightly off balance. The elevator went past my floor and kept going. It was very high and I was quite nervous about falling off so I held on to the metal beam, closed my eyes and leaned my head against it.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in the sky, so far above the ground that I could only make out geographical features, not buildings. I thought, "I guess this is a flying dream." I didn't seem to be able to fly, though. The elevator was gone, but it still felt like I was being taken somewhere and I was scared that I was up too high. The land was very green with rolling hills like you see in movies about Ireland and Scotland. Turns out, though, that I was going from my building in Santa Monica to Las Vegas. As I was getting closer to Vegas, I began to worry about the landing. I was dumped off in the pool of a fancy hotel. I was meeting some friends there.

I got out of the pool and dried off. I went inside to a lounge just off the pool area. My husband and some friends were in there waiting for me. After I ordered a drink and joined the in-progress poker game, Adam and his wife walked in. They were very excited about the time share they had just purchased.

The Meaning
(according to dreammoods.com)
--Red: Red is also the color of danger. Perhaps you need to stop and think about your actions.
--Elevator: To dream that the elevator is not letting you off, symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control.
--Machinery: To see machinery in your dream, suggests that you are going about your way without much thought. You are making decisions without thinking it through.
--Flying: If you are feeling fear when you are flying or feel that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success.
--Pool: To see a pool of water in your dream, denotes that you will find much happiness and pleasure in love and marriage. Your social life will keep you busy.
--Alcohol: To dream that you are enjoying alcohol in moderation, denotes contentment and satisfaction in the decisions that you have made. Chance for success is likely.
--Poker: To dream that you are playing poker, suggests that a situation in your waking life requires strategy and careful planning. You need to think things out before carrying out your actions.
--Time Share: To dream the your friend has purchased a time share means that you think your friend is a hothead who acts rashly, but you like him anyway. Kidding, Adam. Chill.

The Analysis
I started out at work but I made the decision to push the elevator button without giving it any thought. This resulted in the elevator not letting me off which means that my emotions about something are out of control, likely my feelings about not wanting to work anymore, which have been getting stronger lately. Then I was taken out of my workplace and I was fearful while flying, which suggests that I am afraid of challenges and success. Two night ago I had my first screenwriting class to make sure that quitting work next year to get an MFA in screenwriting is really what I want to do. It really is, but that will definitely lead to some uncertainties and challenges. At the end of my flight I landed in a swimming pool at a hotel where my husband and friends were waiting for me. Since seeing a pool in a dream indicates that one will find happiness in love and marriage, I take it to mean that no matter what the outcome of my work or school situations, my family and friends will be around and I will continue to find happiness in that aspect of my life. Since I was enjoying a drink with them which means I was content with my decision and that the chance for success is good, it seems like everything will work out fine, even if it is challenging and frightening along the way. The poker game was like a final warning to think things through and plan carefully before making big decisions.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

You have all the good dreams! :) I think it is the unfulfilled shrink in you that makes you better at analyzing them than I am...