Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Hmm...

If I ran the world (maybe that's universe), grownups wouldn't get zits in the middle of their foreheads or on the ends of their noses. (ok grownups wouldn't get zits at all... c'mon I finished adolesence YEARS ago!)

I noticed yesterday as I was watching Dead Like Me (only like 13 days until its season premiere) I realized that my two favorite TV shows right now deal with things I don't believe in. I love Joan of Arcadia. She talks to God... yet it isn't preachy (like 7th Heaven which I wrongly watch mostly because it is such a trainwreck!). It is just a well done show I think. Then there's Dead Like Me which deals with, well death. The main characters are all reapers who 'help' their charges across to the other side. Basically they 'pop' the souls out of the body just before death. It is actually a fascinating concept. That you will meet a person who will touch you a minute or two before you die and they will help release your soul from the physical body. I kind of like how they make each of the doors to the other side significant for the person... It is a nice idea. Maybe someday I'll buy into the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice on the 04/08/05 show God walked out without paying for the book?

"Da Bear"