Monday, July 12, 2004

Random bits of trivia

While walking home from work today I started chuckling to myself. Now where I live, laughing to oneself isn't that uncommon but, I am usually not this mental. As I was walking I had this flash in my head of a scene from the terribly funny Attack of the 5 ft 2 Woman. I saw it a couple of times in college and it always made me laugh until I cried. So the scene that flashed in my mind was this one with Judy Brown as Lorena Bobbitt. She is in the car holding the 'member' and yelling at it. "You piss me off... You piss me off" It really is a 'you gotta see it' kind of a thing. So I recommend that all of you run right out and rent it.

So for some random reason I'm having a searching for mr. rightish obsession right now. It will pass, it always does... but yesterday I was thinking as I made nachos for the 4th meal in 2 weeks that I should find a nice Mexican guy. I like Mexican food.. then it dawned on me that a real Mexican likes things like mole and menudo... I like food more along the lines of Baja Fresh and packaged sauces. But I did end up eating enchiladas all week last week for lunch and tonight's dinner... tacos. It is obviously a sign... although maybe not, last night's dinner was pork fried rice which will be lunch for the next several days. It could be more of a function of the whole not eating wheat so I can't eat sandwiches and have to come up with meal alternatives. mmm... I lurve me some fake americanized tacos. :D

Two new volunteering things I will be doing this month... 1 will be volunteering at a fireman gala/auction. In my expression of interest, I said I was interested in working behind the scenes and she already wrote back and let me know that there were some behind the scenes jobs open. Yum firefighters. Then sometime in July (hopefully this one is more tentative)I hope to go to Carnation with this volunteer group. They harvest fruits & veggies for farms and the farms donate a portion of what is harvested to our local food bank. It is a good example of the barter system working... The farmers get their crops harvested and the foodbank gets a donation of fresh food.

Final news I think I am going to go back to school for my MPA. SU offers a degree that is practically written for me. Since I work there, I can take classes for free so I should. I am a bit nervous, though. It has been so long since I've had to think or something like that. I'm going to an info session on Wed night. I'll have a better idea then I hope.

Oh final thought... SO I'm all excited about showtime because I can watch Dead Like Me. Well apparently that's all the current stuff they offer. All weekend long I kept looking for something to watch. All their movies were so old... It makes me sad.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

A few comments...

1- "Bad bunny!... Oh, be bad, bunny. Be bad, bunny!"
2- Turns out I am a real Mexican, but I don't like menudo or mole.
3- Yum, firefighters!
4- Yay! School!