Monday, August 01, 2005

Cell Phone

Sigh, I have to use my cell phone more often, or put less minutes on it. Because I did it from home without being online to see exactly what I was getting, I put $25 on my cell phone just about 3 months ago. Apparently that translates to 130 minutes. I've used 60 minutes in 3 months. I am about to lose 70 minutes. UNLESS, I put more minutes on. Which continues the cycle since I haven't even used the minutes I have. If I were to put 100.00 on, I would get 1000 minutes and a year to spend them. That may actually be the best (albiet weirdest) option. Then I wouldn't have to think about this for a whole year, although would I really go through 1000 minutes when I average 20 min/month?

5 comments:

Chicken said...

Do you have one of those "Go" phones? I was thinking of getting one when my phone breaks. I only use about 20 to 60 minutes a month so it might be a good match.

Joanne said...

I have T-Mobile's pay as you go dealie.

Chicken said...

Is the coverage pretty good? How much a minute?

Joanne said...

Coverage seems to be good, but I live in a completely urban area. The only place I had no bars was Camp Long out in West Seattle, but none of my other Brownie moms had it either. I can get 130 minutes for 25 bucks which averages to 20 cents/min. (I think?) Math is hard.

... said...

Do the year long option. After you have had it for a while, you might start using it more. I am not a cell phone person (don't own one) but it sounds like the 100 minutes would be a good deal.

I love promoting "pay as you go"...the contract stuff they do in the US is BS.