Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fait accomplis

I've gotten a lot done in the past 4 hours. Really if I could just get moving for the entire day my apartment wouldn't be such a disaster, but somehow I sit down and get sucked in to TV and computer and other time wasting crap and I sit... and think ok 15 more minutes. :) Doesn't work so well. Anyway, I've done dishes. Thanks to the Gluten Free Pantry, I made scones. Last time you will recall they were freakishly dry. (I know they are supposed to be dry but I think those went beyond the appropriate dryness. I don't remember my cool Irish student teacher friend Marion's being that dry. Her's were amazing. but I digress) So this time I used apple sauce instead of butter and yogurt instead of buttermilk. They were definitely stickier than they were last time. I rolled the whole mess in cinnamon & sugar (like snickerdoodles) and baked. When they came out of the oven I had to have a tiny taste. Which led to another tiny taste. Which led to me just giving up and eating one. It was GOOD! I also realized I hadn't eaten since earlier in the day and what I had for lunch? Lays chips and cheese. Not really a meal I suppose. Right now I have Moroccan Chicken cooking and I'm watching Video Mods. Of all shows on MTV2, I find Video Mods the most fascinating. Maybe because it is the closest thing to videos that MTV2 shows. :) But they take songs and create a music video out of video game characters or video game beasts. It's pretty cool in a totally geeky way.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Please pass on this decadent scone recipe (your alterations included)!

drool drool.

gonebabygone said...

Yes...other gluten free people would appreciate it! Sounds good!

P.S. You're in Wasghington, right? Email me. We're thinking of moving there and I'm trying to get a feel for the place. hockeygirl65@gmail.com

Joanne said...

It isn't a recipe actually. The Gluten Free Pantry makes a muffin & scone mix that I use. Instead of the stick of butter, I used 1/2 cup of cinnamon applesauce. (The individual serving sizes are what I buy and one of those is approximately 1/2 cup). And instead of the buttermilk it calls for I used 1 container of vanilla yogurt. I then rolled each scone in a mix of 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Turned out really good, even where some of the dough folded over onto itself, so there were these cinnamon/sugar swirls in the middle of the scone.

Putnawa said...

Did you email Fishy?

If she is thinking of moving somewhere other than Seattle let me know. I have a vast knowledge of the rest of the state. ;)

Mishka said...

Congrats on your scones, I know you were disappointed last time.

BTW, I have the same problem with getting things done sometimes. Seems the only time I can stay really focused is if I am under a time crunch...