Friday, August 05, 2005

Yay easy!

I just called my gluten free restaurant where I'm going for lunch on Sunday. I have asked to put aside some scones and some cinnamon buns. And it was so easy. I didn't have to leave a credit card number or anything. Just my name. And now I'm all excited because this means next week I don't have to bake anything for breakfast. Sigh, it is so easy to make me happy sometimes.

I'm thinking of cutting the hair short again, but I can't decide. Right now it is just long enough to french braid (which I do to it on days I don't wash it... so if you see me today, you now know a secret). Otherwise it is ponytailed or twisted up in a clippy. I have a lot of hair, but each hair is just thin. I have a round face. I don't like hair in my eyes. Ever. I haven't had short hair since 5th grade. (short short. Just above shoulders is not short). I was traumatized in 5th grade because some 6th graders teased me about my hair and calling it boys' hair and I was already incredibly painfully shy and self conscious enough then that that pretty much hurtled me over the edge. I think my face might be too fat though to do short hair well. And I don't want old lady cut. Sigh. Maybe I just go back to super duper long and worn in a clip all the time.

5 comments:

... said...

Don't cut it short (I love long hair), but maybe you could layer it or something if it is not already...

Peeved Michelle said...

Why don't you just let your hair guy decide? I am growing mine long again but I need a cut. I am probably just getting a regular, layered cut with some sideswept bangs.

Shauna said...

Hey there, if you live in Seattle, then you must be talking about Kaili's kitchen. Their sourdough bread is fantastic. And I've been making cinnamon toast for weeks after visiting them for the first time.

Gluten-free in Seattle? Me too. I'm keeping a blog about it: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com
Lots of helpful hints about how to live gluten free, especially in Seattle. Stop on by.

And as for hair, go to Robin at Halo. He's the best. He'll tell you what will look good, and he'll be right.

Joanne said...

Yup I'm going to Kaili's. I go about once a month.

Unknown said...

I, too, was traumatized when kids thought my short hair cut made me look like a boy. But, since then, I have cut my hair short several times. In fact, my last short hair cut was in November and I'm now in the growing it out stages. I can't stand it when my hair is in my face, and it gets so hot on my neck. I can never decide what to do with it so I'm trusting in my hairstylist to make it look good. :P Good luck!