Monday, May 15, 2006

A bit of randomness for a Monday.

I was going to go to the gym this morning. I had put together my outfit and it was in my pack along with my soap and shampoo and all that and a towel. I washed out the water bottle (put the rum back into the rum bottle) and it was full of water and in the fridge. I was ready. I even went to bed early (10:30) so I could get up at 5:30 this morning and go. 5:30 rolled around. I hadn't counted on 1 thing. Clean sheets on the bed. My bed was just so perfect this morning I couldn't force myself out of it and I ended up falling back asleep. Apparently, though, it was a good thing I couldn't force myself to go this morning as when I got to work and headed to get some breakfast with Isa I discovered I can't find my campus card. I'm sure it is somewhere. I'm sure, though, if I had gotten to the gym at 6ish this morning and not been able to get in without my campus card I would've been livid at myself so apparently my laziness saved me this morning. :) I shall venture forth again tomorrow (provided I can find my damn campus card).

The bbq at my apartment building reminded me kind of why I don't socialize with most of these people. They're kind of freaks. I talked to the trash nazi who mostly just said random things and made me wonder if she was still on this planet. I talked to this other woman and her old sons (my age or older). I was chatting with one and my whole thought process on him was "Is he slow?" The other one I thought was either slow or full fledged developmentally delayed but I wasn't sure. I talked to a few other people there. Then I left and went to the library. I love having books at the library! :)

Tess & I played the make the bed game yesterday. Rigby started the game because she was playing with me as I took the old (and now torn) sheets off the bed but I didn't bother remaking the bed until later in the day. The amount of crap on my bed was phenomenal. Seriously. 2 DVDs, innumerable magazines, a bunch of mail that I never bothered looking at, 5 or 6 blankets, and on and on and on... Now there's just 2 blankets, a book and 3 magazines that I have yet to read. (And the hat of little things like rubber bands and my fingernail clippers for when my fingernail is hanging, honestly if I had space for a bedside table all this crap would go there but I don't so it sits in a hat. It is weird, I know. )

I just got a package from my sister (from my parents really). That's exciting because they had my little book and my hat since vacation. But the box was bigger than I thought it was going to be so I opened it with some trepidation. Hmm... included in the box was my hat and little book (yay) but also a "Washington off the Beaten Path" which I will check out. And a travel yahtzee and travel scrabble. Those were bought with a purpose and now that purpose is gone so I'll just store them and hope I make a new friend who likes to play board games. Maybe Big R since Isa claims she does not like them. Or perhaps some new as yet unmet friend! That's exciting thought!(Matthew & I used to hang out in coffee shops playing board games. I haven't yet told my parents (nor will I probably bother) that we are no longer friends.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Rum in the water bottle. I love it!

Joanne said...

Left over from when I visited the fam over my niece's spring break and thought I would need a little fortification but didn't want the big Malibu Mango Rum bottle giving it away.