Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fancy Party

So I went to the party at the Space Needle for the bank that we are associated with. I was underdressed, but not so much so that I felt really awkward or weird. I had gray work slacks and a blue-grey fitted 3/4 sleeve shirt. Almost all the men were in suits. I got there a bit late and there was a woman outside smoking who had a tag on so she introduced herself and helped me get upstairs. She invited me to join her at her table with her husband and a few other people she knew. She was very bawdy and friendly and funny as were the other people at the table. They all worked in homebuilding. It was interesting. The skyline level is actually still quite low, but the view was cool. They had pretty good food and booze. Although I only drank coke. There were no young single guys there. At least not as far as I could tell, but I still had a pretty good time. At about 7:00 I went up to the top to the observation deck. It is so peaceful up there. I could stay there for hours. But at about 7:30 I headed back down and left. All in all it was an adventure and I got to do something I don't usually do so that's always good for me. :) (Plus I'm impressed with myself that I actually went. Usually I won't go if I don't know anyone who is going to be there.)

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

No drinks? At a cocktail party? I am so disappointed.