Thursday, May 18, 2006

Words of wisdom from my friendly neighborhood payroll manager

Today as I was getting ready to leave for work my payroll manager and I were chatting. I forget how we got on the subject of the fact that I'm still single. We chatted about various aspects of that and she asked if I needed her help in finding someone. I'm all about the adventure so I say sure. So she asks my upper age limit and I say oh I don't know 40. And she tells me that's bad. I should only date someone 4 years older than me. Anything else and it won't work out, that's the Chinese way. (Our payroll manager is Chinese I think.) So I guess that means that the WC and I will never work out since he is more than 4 years older than me. She says odd numbers are worse, even numbers are better but 4 is the best. The most stable distance between a couple because it is like legs on a table. So I asked her the distance between her and her husband - 9 years. Hee...

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

Apparently it's not the Chinese way to practice what you preach. :)