Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Misadventures in driving

I can't believe I keep forgetting to post this. On Saturday, Isa & I went from Target to a barbecue in Ballard (I think Ballard). Now there is an exit in the U district that has a stop sign right off of it and then the road splits and has an island but it is all still one way. Two lanes on one side of the divider go right and the two lanes on the other side of the divider go left. It is important I tell y'all this with regards to the upcoming story so you know I'm not just a lunatic.

Isa and I went to this bbq in Ballard but as we were driving north on the 5 we realized we were going the wrong way so I got off at the next exit. Immideately after the exit there was a stop sign and an island and a set up very similar to the abovementioned set up. Except for 1 very important thing that I didn't discover immediately. So I need to turn left to go across the freeway and based on what made sense in my head I got in the closer lanes. As we're sitting at a light a very very alarming realization occurs. We are going the wrong way on the road and there's a big divider. Fuck. What does one do then? Well, luckily the light changes green with an arrow so one guns it and turns left in front of the car that had been next to them in the proper lane. It was a little alarming but at the same time made us laugh our asses off.

No comments: