Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Glad Game

Have any of you seen Disney's Pollyanna? I actually love it and will watch it almost every chance I can when I see it on TV. This morning I was feeling rather woe is me about all the stuff I feel like is going wrong. I've been hurt by someone I thought was a friend (I actually thought I was done being hurt by this, but clearly I was wrong) and things didn't work out quite the way I wanted on the not a thing with the wc so I was all set to write a long whinging post about how my life sucks. And then I decided to reframe it and look at the great things I do have. Basically play the Glad Game. (Really watch Pollyanna, I really am trying hard to live my life by 2 principles I learned in this movie, 1 being the glad game, the other being the quote from Lincoln, If you look for the worst in people expecting to find it, you surely will)

1 - I have great friends in Michelle and Isa and Big R, and in newer friends like The Italian Guy and Harry Potter. They accept me for who I am and don't try to have me conform to their standards. They would never talk badly about me behind my back to make themselves look better.

2 - I have a good job that allows me a lot of time outside of work to pursue the things I love to do like volunteer.

3 - I earn enough money to pay my bills and have some extras like HBO or going to the movies.

4 - I have a great Girl Scout troop. They rock and make me laugh every meeting.

5 - I have a good friendship beginning with wc. Even if nothing ever happens that I want to happen, I still enjoy talking to him and listening to his band. And who knows, maybe at one of the shows I go to I will meet someone else. :) (although I don't know if I'm evolved enough to be able to talk about a girl he is dating or wants to date with him yet... :P )

6 - I have a good apartment that is close to everything I could want and allows me to be car free. Yeah it needs to be cleaned but I really like my little space especially because it is all mine.

7 - I have great tits. Yeah, this is shallow and in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean a lot, but I like 'em and that makes me happy.

8 - I'm funny and fun. I like the simple things in life and have a good time with people around me.

I'm sure there's other things to be glad about, but these'll do for now. :)

No comments: