Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

I'm trying this out. Could be fun. I don't know how to make a fancy schmancy announcementesque background so I won't do that. :)

Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen random things about me.
  1. I am currently left handed. I wasn't always left handed. Up until the 2nd grade I was completely ambidextrous and could write with either hand equally well. In 2nd grade I had to choose a hand and apparently I picked left. Some time later I found out that ambidextrousness was linked to learning disabilities.
  2. I lived in Indiana for 9 months. It was the longest 9 months of my life. Before I lived there I totally thought I could live some place like that forever. I was wrong. Although that was the first place I had gluten free pizza made for me in a restaurant. That was awesome.
  3. One of my favorite artists is Barbara Lavallee. I would totally decorate a kids room (or my own) with her work.
  4. When I was younger I wanted desperately to be an astronaut. This carried on into high school where 2 things dampened that dream. 1 - Geometry. 2 - The knowledge that I'd have better odds of getting that dream if I went to a military acadamy (Air Force) and the realization of what it would mean if I had to do that.
  5. I lived in Alaska for 5 years. If my sister hadn't gotten sick I may not have left it.
  6. I'm considering going back for a master's degree. I can't decide what in. I could get it for free from the university I currently work for but obviously only if I take one of their degree programs and I'm not 100% certain I want to do that.
  7. Not counting my parents' house, I've lived in the apartment I currently live in the longest of anywhere I've lived. (That's an awkward sentence).
  8. I've been CPR certified every year since I was 14 years old. That's 18 years now. I think I let it lapse this year.
  9. My feet have weird issues. They don't bend beyond 90 degrees so now I'm supposed to wear shoes with low heels or orthotics. This is a new thing. I don't like it.
  10. (I don't think I'm going to make it to 13)
  11. My waspy (which is I guess actually isn't correct because my mom is Catholic) upbringing shuns emotional outbursts. I get weirded out when people cry around me and I feel a little bad about that. (We also don't get angry. We're a very even people, except my mother. She's Catholic so none of these rules apply to her)
  12. I'm happiest when I'm seeing new things. I could be a tourist forever.
  13. I've been working in my field now for 7 years. I still don't know if this is what I want to do when I grow up.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


5 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

#3 is a good idea.

Angie said...

BOY, I kinda feel like I know you now! Great list!

Margaret said...

Great job and welcome to Thursday 13. I feel like I know you already. Happy Thursday! -Mix

Just Me said...

I had to laugh when I read about your mum in #11. I have this idea that the same things are said about Jewish mums too :oD

Hope you had a great TT
Elle x

Norma said...

If you wear sensible shoes and want a master's degree, think about library science. Some schools (I'd recommend U. of Illinois) have a considerable amount on line. Of course, you don't get rich, but you get to play with computers and hang out in the stacks.

My TT is up.