Sunday, May 21, 2006

Buzz buzz goes the buzzy bee.

So far I'm having a fabulous weekend! It's been awhile since I've had so much fun!

Friday at about 4:00 my boss and I were talking about how interminable the day was. It was killing both of us and she totally let me go home early! So that was a good start to the weekend. (Only 1/2 hour but still...)

So tomorrow is Big R's birthday and Friday Boston and Curly haired had a bbq for him at their house. Isa and I went too and Roommate was there and the gross guy (I peeved about him once he eats garbage and grosses me out) showed up. We had a great bbq! Hot dogs and hamburgers and watermelon and corn on the cob and tater tots because Big R loves them. It was just so fun. They ended up in a bit of a cake fight, which was hysterical.

Today I volunteered for a concert held at the U. I got to spend 2 hours out in the sun wandering around listening to some fun music. How much better can it get?

Afterward Isa and I went shopping to Target. I have broken down and joined the polo shirt people. I need something to wear to work when the weather is warmer. I have about 3 button down shirts (men's) that I wear but I hate how women's shirts are always 3/4 sleeve and I hate how sheer they frequently are. Ooh I also bought a cute lavender skirt. I'm thrilled with it! :)

And finally, after that we went to another bbq (Isa & I are popular y'all). This one was a coworker's so there were a lot of fellow employees there. That's always a bit of a weird thing since sometimes it is hard to really tell where our jobs end and our lives begin. One of the guys was telling Isa something that was happening in his office that is wholly inappropriate. And so we wonder sometimes, do we tell our boss this is happening in that office? Do we not? He wasn't exactly telling us with any understanding of confidentiality (since we're at a party surrounded by coworkers). But I'm sure he wasn't telling us because he expected us to run to our boss either. It is weird sometimes. But other than that we were having a good time. I chatted with a cute guy which was fun. Isa's going to get the dish for me next week. :)

Saturday Night Live actually made me laugh out loud tonight and before they have a chance to screw it up in the last 1/2 hour I'm headed to bed. Good night and I hope y'alls weekend was half as fun as mine! :D

No comments: