Friday, May 19, 2006

Hey remember the 80's?!

Apparently I don't. I'm watching some VH1 80's videos show on one of the way upper music channels. (You know the ones, if you have fancy cable they actually show real videos). There's a news story that's been touted all evening that I want to see, on the 11:00 news and I can't convince myself to watch anything else until 11:00. Anyway, I'm watching these videos and I have had 2 thoughts so far... 1 - Prince was creepy and weird even back then. 2 - I have never ever heard any of these songs. Where's the Duran Duran? Where's the Police? How about a little Eurythmics? No... so far we've had Night Ranger (but not Sister Christian which is the only Night Ranger song I think I can identify) and some band that's on right now that I've never even heard of (Van Stephenson according to the video tag) and Steve Winwood (but he's just annoying and can anyone identify a Steve Winwood song, I thought not...) and Prince, but a Prince song I've never heard of and now a Madonna song, yet again one I've never heard. I ussed to watch MTV and VH1 all the time when I was a kid. I should at least recognize one of these songs! Maybe I'm not a child of the 80's like I thought I was. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Don't forget, we were 6 in 1980. MTV wasn't even around then.

CyberWarlock said...

I find that alot on the radio too. They will do an "80s" hour or something and someone will request a song by a band, but instead of playing the one hit they had, they will play some obscure B-side for who knows what reason.