Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Conflict avoidance

I'm a conflict avoider. I'm not sure if it is my nature, being a middle child, having a mother who is a raving lunatic or a combination of all 3. (Most likely combo) So one of the many ways this manifests itself is that I never ever return things. (Ok maybe it isn't because I'm a conflict avoider, maybe it is a neurotic thing who knows... but I've always been this way). I won't return food that is prepared improperly (ie I asked for medimum rare and the meat came well done). It is almost physically painful for me to send back food that is just blatently wrong, but I do it. (Sometimes). I also never return clothing. I hate to have to explain to people what's wrong or have to talk to people about it at all really. However, I have found a way to do this. Returning an online purchase. I just sent back the shoes that don't fit. It was so easy! I just wrote on the form that they were too narrow and packed it all in a box. They even gave me a UPS label. I didn't have to call anyone or get any pre-approval. This may be the way I purchase stuff from now on. Then I don't have to face the sales lady and say, sorry but this mumu makes me look like shamu on vacation in Hawai'i.

No comments: