Monday, May 08, 2006

Life is great!

It is a beautiful sunny day here and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I got some good news this morning from one of my coworkers and that has made me happy. I am headed to the library after work to pick up 2 more books in the series I'm reading. Ok I just checked the library's website, I'm not going to the library to pick them up today... Book 5 is lost and Book 4 is in storage and unreachable. What the hell? Stupid library. And unfortunately the Cap Hill branch doesn't have these either. I'm going to have to make a serious effort tonight to find my library card so I can put those two books on reserve.

Anyway, I've totally digressed about being happy today. I've been trying to find a campsite for the 2nd annual girls' camping trip. (Adult girls not little girls) Last year we went to Nehalem Bay in Oregon. Isa's roommate wants to go to Oregon again because she says their sites are better than Washington's. So I'm looking. The problem is we decide this too late to find a spot (again!). Last year we lucked into a place. There seem to be plenty at Devil's Lake, almost too many... Any of you Oregonians ever been there? :)

I managed to make dinner last night so I have left overs today. Since apparently I'm not going to the library, only to the grocery store, maybe I'll get more dishes done today. I also need to take out the trash (oh crap, I just realized I left a bag of bagged trash on the floor intending to take both bags out last night, I didn't. Those damn ferrets better not have dug in the bag or they're toast, TOAST I say!). :) and deal with some recycling. Maybe I need to be like Michelle and turn off the TV at night, until 8:00 at least. Although more seriously... I need to not turn on the computer! That's my downfall. I think I'll try that this week. I'll still be on, but I won't allow myself to turn it on until 8:00. Yay! A plan. I can listen to one of my new CDs while I do dishes. I picked up 2 Christian CDs online a couple weeks ago. I know I know, I'm not Christian, but my friend from college Shelley was a Mennonite for awhile, and she turned me on to this alternative Christian band... Yeah I feel like a weirdo even typing that, but I like them and they aren't so ... preachy.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Mmm...toasted ferrets....


Which band?

Joanne said...

The band is called Vigilantes of Love and the 2 songs that prompted me to get not 1 but 2 cds were Struggleville and Parting shot.