Sunday, April 01, 2007

Add Gordon Biersch to the list

I have a mental list of restaurants that I can't eat at because so far in the recent months (years?) any time I eat there I end up ill. Gordon Biersch has just joined the list. It was the LONGEST walk home I've ever experienced. When I got to the convention center I was totally going to use their bathroom to discover it was closed. I was even willing to use the scary one in the park where a woman was murdered several years ago (before I moved here barely). That one too was locked. I had never been so happy to get to my apartment before.

In case you care, also on the list is Red Robin and The Elysian. There are other places, but I can't remember which other ones have done me in. I'm not sure what it is about those places, or what it is I eat there that effects me. Sometimes I think it is too much red meat, but I can eat red meat at home with no problem and I didn't have red meat tonight. I don't know, but it is kind of frustrating. (As well as a tiny bit embarrassing.) (Ok more than a tiny bit.)

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Maybe you should always carry an emergency pack of Immodium in your bag.

Stephen said...

What?!?!?! You told me it was the chicken sandwich, not liquid doodie! I feel so cheated... well I've eaten at GB in years passed (when it first opened). So how about RR tomorrow? :)

Joanne said...

Stephen... #1 thanks for putting it like that. That's awesome.
#2 the chicken sandwich is the only thing I've ever had there that didn't make me sick to my stomach so it was a combination of the two. Does that make you feel better?