Sunday, April 29, 2007

Busy busy day!

Yesterday morning I got up early. I had to go to the post office to send a certified letter. I had to pick up a bottle of booze forthe evening. I had to buy sodapop or else I would die. That sort of thing. So I am up and out by 9:30 and end up on Broadway a few minutes before 10. The post office goes quickly and I head to the liquor store. I miss living in a place where you can just buy liquor in like the grocery store. I forget CA's liquor law, but I do remember Alaska had laws but the liquor stores were within the grocery store so it wasn't a whole other field trip. I don't remember Arizona's either. Apparently my memory of this crap is 100% related to whether or not I ever actually purchased the hard stuff there. :) Anyway I've digressed to say that the hours posted on the liquor store were 10:00 - 9:00. At 2 minutes until 10 it was closed, I figured okay not open yet. I'll run across to the grocery store and then come back. I come back at about quarter after and still closed. :( Which then forced me to field trip down to the liquor store on 12th . I was still done with plenty of time so I grabbed lunch and headed home.

I had to get ready to volunteer for the Moore theater in the afternoon. Cirque Dreams was performing. It was actually very cool, except the singer was singing about Jungle Dreams and I swear I kept hearing "chocolate" dreams. It was all acrobatics and singing and dancing. The rope jumpers were really cool and since the girls and I had just done jump rope towards a badge, it was neat to watch. There were also 2 guys who did a bunch of ariel tricks with two ropes suspended from the ceiling and they were so so strong. It was very cool.

I came home after that at about 4:30 and relaxed for a little while. I repainted my nails since I didn't like the color I had painted them. (They were originally coral and I repainted them a metallic bronze that matched my shoes and a color on my skirt. My toes were dark red.) I applied NEW make up. (I needed new mascara and right next to it was eye shadow on sale and eye liner on sale.) I got dressed and I wore the green blouse instead of the gold one. Once I got it on and looked I felt like the green one was more dressier. I also wore an "antique" (not really I got it at Disneyland I think) dragonfly pendant necklace. I got so many compliments! It was awesome. And I wasn't too over dressed or too underdressed. (which was also awesome and a source of high anxiety before I left). I drank a lot of Pimms which I have since discovered is made from gin so not poisonous to me. :) (I probably should've checked that before I drank it but whatever.) It was just so yummy! You would take the Pimms and mix it with 1 part Pimms and 3 parts lemonade and a bunch of fruit in a cup and it was fruity and refreshing. There were a lot of folks from work there and it was nice to see them in a different setting. I headed home at 11:30 and was about to get on the bus when 2 of the priests that were there picked me up and took me home which was especially nice since my feet were getting painful. All in all it was a lot of fun! I'm glad I went. I talked to 2 single guys (I wasn't really interested in either of them... one started out with potential, but the more he talked the more his potential dropped) without dying. That was good. :)

Today I've been up for hours and so far I've done 4 loads of laundry, taken the sheets and hugeass mound of crap off the bed and unfurled the memory foam bed topper I got from overstock.com. It is supposed to de-squishify for 24 - 72 hours but honestly... like I have enough space in my apartment to let a queen sized bed topper take up that space?? So it'll rest for about 12 hours. :) I did lie on it for a minute today and it seems to be very comfy. It also came with 2 of those funny shaped pillows. I really like them! I find that I usually do that thing with them naturally so it is awesome they are pre-made. (funny shaped in that they aren't regular, they have kind of a lump to support the neck more and then the head goes in a valley.)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I tried a neck pillow like that and it didn't really work out for me. I was so disappointed.

Stephen said...

Congrats for talking to the two chaps. Always good to open yourself ~ to something different.

Squishy beds are the luvs.