Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Don't fuck with me...

Apparently I give off a "don't fuck with me vibe." I've heard it from multiple sources, so I am not as dismissive of this fact as I would be if it was just one person saying it. Honestly, rather frequently I'll be sitting on the bus and people will glance at me to sit down and then proceed down the aisle to avoid me. Hard to know if that's the reason, but usually the only ones who will risk it are the crazy or the stoned. (Which also explains the last 2 times I got hit on in a bar... both were the stoned.) The thing is, I don't necessarily always know I'm doing it and I don't know how to fix it. How do you fix something that is so innately in you you aren't even really aware it is a problem?

3 comments:

Stephen said...

First thing is you shouldn't assume anything. Trust your friends opinions first. Then you might ask a couple strangers ~ yes, seriously.

If nothing else, it will give you a reality check. They might say "uhh... you're imagining it" or "yes, it's X Y Z".

It might feel strange to ask, but it's a few seconds in your life.

As for what to do about it, I would mainly suggest do more relaxation exercises. I luvs you much, hon. I notice you cross your arms over your chest a lot, which is usually body language for I don't want to be here, or I don't want to interact.

I empathize as I've had friends in the past say the same of me. It's taken a lot of years to find a way to express my inner silly on the outside. And i'm still a work in progress :)

Peeved Michelle said...

Why would you want to fix it on the bus? Smile more in bars.

... said...

Exactly what PM said. I do it too, and have found that I just have to concentrate on smiling more but on the bus it might be to your benefit to keep to the original.