Saturday, April 14, 2007

More news from the ranch

I was downstairs last night with Rigby playing in the basement hallway when I ran into the apartment manager. He told me that the trashnazi was gone. (I probably have posted about her before. She's like 800 years old and would leave notes around the building if you didn't do your trash right. She was also perpetually going through the trash but more on that later.) I figured it was due to the rent increases. Apparently not. The trashnazi was a bit of a loon and he had her evicted. She was not only going through the trash (which I thought she was then moving shit to the recycling bins although she was frequently screwing around in the recycle bin too), and was taking it back up to her apartment. He took out 70 bags full of trash in the past 2 days and said there were a good 40 bags still up in her place. Who knew?

I think I want to go to the movies today. There are a ton I want to see. On the list: The Invisible (which starts 4/27), Premonition, Blades of Glory, Bridge to Terabithia, Meet The Robinsons and Reign Over Me. What I do not want to see... Grindhouse. It does not look good to me and I kind of resent the implication from the producer (I think it was the producer) who seemed to think that the reason Grindhouse didn't do well over the Easter weekend because the public didn't get it. Wrong dumbass, y'all made a bloody pair of action films and then released them on a big family holiday weekend. Who can take their kids and grandkids and nieces and nephews to something like that?

Ooh I just confirmed I'm going to watch Rugby today. A game not just a practice. This ought to be fun.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I want to see Perfect Stranger b/c I love me some Bruce Willis, although it got shitty reviews.

I'm torn about Bridge to Terebithia - it may ruin the book for me.

Stephen said...

I would have seen Blades of Glory if you'd have txt'd me :) But instead I went art gallery hopping around Seattle, and bought some art.

~Dirty Hippie Artster