Thursday, April 05, 2007

Safety Dance

We can dance if we want to...

The girls and I had such a fun meeting today! We danced out in the grass. We're working on the Dance badge. Tonight we practiced moving with different feelings and then we invented our own dances that told a story. Mostly it was silly, but it was so fun! And then the girls decided to teach me a dance. Now, honestly, the phrase 'overly caucasian' was designed to describe me. I gots no dancing skills whatsoever. (Although I will dance in the privacy of my own home and I MAY dance when I've consumed alcohol, but that's a definite MAY and it is usually a lot of alcohol.) The dance move they tried to show me had a name, but I've already forgotten it. Basically it involved knees bent and bouncing and then you make a face like you've smelled something bad. And then you move your hand in front of your face. They laughed and laughed at my dancing. Well, we all danced. And then they showed me another dance that had me put one arm in front of me bent at the elbow pointing up at an angle and the other arm just out from the shoulder up at the same angle. And you bounce and shift the arms back and forth. It was so fun and funny!

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I so don't recall a dance badge. That sounds fun!

Robin said...

I think the most 'fun' badge we had was roller skating. But I hear Girl Scouting has changed a lot since I was one.