Monday, April 30, 2007

Here's a sign...

I was recently speaking to my friend lyday and she surprised me by telling me that she doesn't believe things are coincidences. She believes that coincidences are really fate telling you to do something or not do something. I don't buy that. As an athiest believing in "fate" telling me to do something is as odd as me believing in underwear gnomes who hide my panties. (Oh well... maybe??) So with that thought fresh in my head I was logged into eharmony this morning (I haven't paid yet. I'm waiting to see if anyone wants to communicate with me first. :) ) when what should come on TV? A commercial for eharmony. Huh. If I were to by lyday's theory then I should subscribe, right? Except that I didn't. I had a lot of other stuff to do so tonight when I got home from hanging out with Stephen, I thought oh, if I'm going to resubscribe, I have to do it by midnight to get the special rate. I kind of wanted to log in and see if one of the guys that looked interesting maybe thought I did. I only thought he looked interesting because he talked about volunteering. Y'all know that's part of my dream man, right? Someone I can volunteer with. Anyway, at about 5 til midnight, I log onto the internet. I go to my yahoo to get the link so that I get the special deal. Time is ticking ticking ticking... finally at 12:01 AM I manage to get the email and the window open to sign up for the special deal. Of course it was gone. I suppose that's as good a sign as any. :)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

It's no sign. It was your choice ~ free will.

If you would have wanted it to happen, you'd have prioritized it higher and made sure to buy in time :)