Sunday, April 22, 2007

A different kind of Sunday adventure

Originally I had no plans for today. I did want to go downtown to go shoe shopping and to Godiva because I had a coupon for a free box of caramel and nut candies. (Sadly they all seem to be caramel or like mashed nuts... I thought there would be a few peanut clusteresque things in it.)

I got a call from littlehands this morning and she mentioned she was going to dim sum with some friends of ours. Usually I don't like to go to dim sum, but this time I decided to go anyway. I was looking for some real Chinese food (not the rice and meat I make). After lunch, we all went up to dilletante for a cake, but Big R had a really bad allergic reaction so he went up to Urgent Care and I used his car to drop the girls back at their cars and then I went and hung out with him until the doctor let him go. Then I was downtown. I tried a lot of different stores. Well I should clarify I tried a lot of cheap stores looking for shoes. Ultimately I ended up with the shoes below from Shoe Pavilion. I think I like the way they look. The big straps counter my fat little duckfeet as opposed to the thin strappy kind I was looking at. PM, do you approve? :)

I also got my mother her Mother's Day present. I got her a dream journal and a bookmark and some bath salts and I'll get her a cool pen from the bookstore tomorrow. I'm rather impressed with myself. Usually I get her chocolates. Darn her for winning that Godiva contest and getting a year's worth of chocolate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A year's worth of chocolate?! Yum!!

Peeved Michelle said...

Yes, cute.

Stephen said...

The shoes are gorgeous. I like the slightly elevated heel ~ enough to accent, but not distract.