Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yellow Card of Shame

I tried to donate blood again today. Today was worse than any time so far in the past. Only 33%. Sad. My blood droplet in the blue water didn't even sink a tiny bit. It was like throwing an inflatable boat into a pool. Not a millimeter. Back on the multivitamin for me.

I was thinking of rejoining eharmony. They're constantly inundating me with deals emails. Why not, right? What's 60 bucks amongst friends? So tonight I logged back in and set up to get new matches emailed to me. First I have to say that it took 3 tries for me to log in. Lydy believed that was a sign. (She's a big believer in signs and fate which surprised me. As you know, being an athiest, I do not believe in signs and fate and all that.) Secondly, it wouldn't let me upload new pictures. It kept claiming that my pics were either not jpgs (which they were) or more than 5MB (which they weren't.) So finally, the system could find 6 people that matched my personality profile. That's 10 bucks a person (ok there might be more out there matching later on.). I don't know if it is worth THAT.

This does require some thought, though. Online dating isn't working. I only know gay men (who only seem to know gay men) or Stephen. Volunteering isn't panning out in this department. Where else does one go? (Please don't say bars because let's be mostly honest here... (and I mean this not as a slam about me) fat chicks don't do well in bars. Too much competition from the size 0 hankie wearing chicks. Also, the less I drink, the less likely I am to want to hang out with people who drink.)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Arranged marriage? Also, Roger is still single.

ren said...

well...my mom would say "church" but i think that's pretty much out...

i don't know anything about it, but i have a friend that joins groups through meetup.com