Sunday, April 08, 2007

Artsy Fartsy

Yesterday I went to the movies with LyDy and after the movies we went to Chilis and JoAnn's Fabrics and Half Price Books (where I bought a new pre-owned empty box). At JoAnn's I picked up picture frames that were dinged but they were only $1.00. I also bought some sand paper and some paint, that was only $.25 and brushes that were $.97. (I point this out only because how rockin is it that I managed to get every thing on killer sale?)

So this afternoon, I headed out to the patio (have I ever mentioned that my building has a patio? It is the piece of the building above the garage.) On the patio, I sand down all the paint off the frames to get rid of the dings and scratches. Then I brought them back inside and proceeded to paint them. I did different designs on each one and I think they look cute. :) One I'm particularly pleased with is using a rather cherry red with just a little accent of yellow and dusty green. I put a picture from Hawai'i in it and the picture seems to really pop in the red frame.

Unrelated, I also made an incredibly yummy beef stew for dinner. YUM! (Actually it was really yummy, but I used tapioca flour instead of rice flour to thicken it and tapioca flour gives a really different texture. The gravy is almost syrup like.)

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

Pictures of the frames!!!