Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why did it have to be spiders

This morning I had a rather involved dream that involved spiders and children and a party. We (being the partygoers) were all in this huge old school style farmhouse. I went into one room/area and there were these 2 rather large beautifully colored (although naturally colored they weren't any weird ass spiders) spiders spinning the most giant and beautiful web I had ever seen. It was more of a funnel type web rather than the standard flat spider web. (I am a big fan of the spider webs, much to my girl scout's chagrin. We stop frequently when walking to observe them.) So the party was a party for a set of twin boys who were about toddler age. Beginning talking but they were walking and all that. So I'm in this room and one of the twins comes over to talk to me and I'm just overwhelmed by sadness at that point. In my dream I don't know what triggers it (although let's be honest I can probably figure it out in my waking hours.). So I start to cry and crumple into a little crying heap and the little boy pats my arm. And then I wake up because Rigby has decided it is time to be awake.

Spiders: To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.
To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you.
To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized. (I really hope the spider spinning a web is a positive note and not the negative one, but I really suspect it is the negative one based on both the rest of the dream and certain factors of my waking life.)

Children: To see children in your dream, signifies your own childlike qualities or a retreat back to a childlike state. It is an extension of your inner child during a time of innocence, purity, simplicity, and a carefree attitude. You may be longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within.

Crying: To dream that you are crying, signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself. Your dream is a way to regain some emotional balance and a way to safely let out your fears and frustrations. In our daily lives, we tend to ignore, deny, or repress our feelings. But in our dream state, our defense mechanisms are no longer on guard and thus allow for the release of such emotions.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

That sounds unpleasant. In my dream last night, I was beating an arsonist with a fire extinguisher until the cops arrived. Then I was doing my hair. Then I was walking on the pier with my Indian boyfriend who looked like Suresh from Heroes.