Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Experimental cooking

Today was vegetarian day for me. I had a baked potato for lunch which was yummy and for dinner I knew I was having pizza. I stopped into QFC to pick up pizza sauce and a few other things and these red peppers were speaking to me. So I picked one up and then realized I had to figure out how to deal with it. I wanted it on my pizza but since I don't usually do that, I had no idea do I cook it first, put it on there raw and let the pepper cook with the pizza. I had to place a call to my trusty vegetarian Stephen. Apparently I had 2 choices. I could've roasted it and then put it on the pizza or put them on raw. He said raw version would have more flavor and the roasted might be better. I actually like red peppers so it isn't a concern to me. So I chopped some up and put them on the pizza. It wasn't bad at all, but I think I put too many on the pizza. Next time fewer is better. Maybe I'll try roasting it first too.

Unrelated (well sort of related) I'm doing this whole sustainability challenge and we just got the results of the first 2 weeks. I'm in the top 10. Woop woop. (Although there are still 3 weeks left and this past week was a bad week for me. Well bad being relative... :) I still have more points than anyone else in my office )

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I like to buy the roasted red peppers in a jar. And put them on sourdough with goat cheese and grill it. Mmm... I can't wait until I can eat goat cheese again.