Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cooking experiment 1

Since I've been on this casserole kick lately (for some random reason) I had the brilliant idea I'd invent my own tonight. How hard can it be? Recipes have to come from somewhere. My first experiment in casserole turned out pretty well. I took a potato and grated it. (I also grated my thumb a teeny tiny bit.) Then I put it in a pan, with butter, parmasean cheese, cheddar cheese and whipping cream (since I don't have any milk.). I also threw in some salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, a little Mrs. Dash and maybe something else. Then I cut up some chicken and put that in the pan and popped the whole thing in the oven for 1 hr. I think it turned out pretty good. It was tasty and rather filling. And there's enough for lunch tomorrow at work and Thursday. Now I want to figure out how to make the sauce a little more cheesy and smooth than it was. It was, well... not gritty but not smooth. Otherwise, I'm pleased. :)

No comments: