Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cribbage

Matty P was volunteering at the big gay center tonight so I hung out with him after having taco Tuesday at the lesbian bar. It was probably psychosomatic but I could swear the tacos and the soda tasted much better without the cloud of smoky haze that usually fills the bar. Well, that and the new cook who made the tacos this time. It tasted like she didn't even use a taco seasoning packet (which I always find way too salty.)

So we went over to the center and played Phase 10 first. I kicked his ass as usual. Then we changed to cribbage. I've never played cribbage with a real person. I've played it on my gameboy, but I didn't really get the logic or how the points worked. The first game I kept showing my hand and asking matty which ones to discard. He kicked my ass soundly. Now I won't accuse him of cheating per se, but he did slaughter me. The 2nd game, I beat him. I will say that I did not show him my cards this round. Coincidence... Possibly. The 3rd game I think he won by 2 or 3 points. Again I didn't show him my cards. But cribbage was fun. I'd play it again.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Cribbage reminds me of old people. My great-grandmother and her man friend, "Grandpa Walter," played it every afternoon. Grandpa Walter gave us candy bars.