Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm home

And that's all I have to say about that.

The plane ride was awful. We had turbulence the entire flight and could not get up and move about and had our seat belts on the whole time. They didn't even do a beverage service because the flight attendents couldn't take out the carts. So that sucked a great deal.

I was surrounded by small children, even the people next to me had a baby. He was about 7 weeks old and for some reason I got this vibe that they had just adopted him. I don't know why, but I think it was because of how unsure they seemed about him.

There was a fascinating tableau unfolding in the row 2 rows in front of mine and then catty corner from mine. This little girl was on the plane with her youngish mom. The row in front of them had 3 small children who were sharing a portable dvd player. Youngish girl kept getting up to walk around to watch the video with the other 3 kids. The mom of the 3 sat 2 seats in front of me and she was trying to be helpful. She let the little girl join her kids until the seatbelt light went back on. So then little girl had to go back to her seat. And she howled. This went back and forth several times. And at no time did youngish mom really do anything about it. The trio's mom offered little girl some snacky things and a book. It was intriguing.

We landed at one gate, I had to go to the opposite end of the terminal to get my baggage and then back to the end to get on the bus.

Tonight I'm going to order Chinese food, sit in my jammies and not speak to anyone. (Verbally, I'll go online and all that.)

No comments: