Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The things I learn...

We were talking today at lunch about ribs and baby back ribs. Ok we weren't talking about ribs but through some course of conversation I sang the baby back rib song from Austin Powers (which I know is from an annoying Chili's commercial). Then we really were talking about baby back ribs and pondering where they come from. I said that perhaps they came from the back section since the ribs go all the way around and this would be the part that connects to the spine, but I wasn't sure. So when I get back from lunch, I google it. And first I come up with that it comes from the loin of the pig, which I send off to the 2 people I was discussing this with and one replies that ribs only come from cows and the other replies with a Homer Simpson quote about a magical animal that has bacon and ham and ribs. :) So I go to Ask.com and discover that I was actually correct. It is the ribs that are attached to the back (hence the baby back duh). I rule sometimes.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

You had to use Google to find out that ribs are attached to the spine?

Also, you could have just asked me. I LOOOOOOVE baby back ribs.

... said...

I can't believe that your coworkers thought that ribs only came from cows. That is hysterical.