Friday, December 09, 2005

Matty 2 Joanne 0 & Oh yes I AM invisible

Oh yes I AM invisible
Apparently I am not only invisible to cars, but I am also invisible to men pushing desks in shopping carts. I was standing there waiting for the light so I could cross the street. My mind is on my tunes. I'm standing fairly close to the button to push for the walk signal. All of a sudden BANG! I have pain in my upper right ass cheek. Why? Because this guy has just pushed his cart into me. And then proceeded to say that he thought I heard him and blah blah blah. I am both stunned as hell at getting hit and in a little bit of pain since the guy was cruising along and it was the corner of the desk that hit me. My eyes started to well and I had to catch my breath. Christ, I'm going to start wearing a huge flashing light on top of my head to make me obvious.

Matty 2, Joanne 0
Matty - 1: Matty knows I do not love the jazz. I rather dislike it since it sounds just like a bunch of disjointed noises to me. Yesterday night with the girls I had a plan we were going to listen to different types of music. (And yes they were all essentially western types of music. No tribal chants or Japanese pipe music). So Matty loaned me a jazz CD to play for the girls. The soundtrack to Charlie Brown's Christmas. I never would've thought of THAT music as jazz. The girls loved it. One kept asking me to play it while the other girls went to get water or went to the restroom.

Matty - 2: Today was our company's holiday party. (Matty is temping there). I happened to be talking to Matty at a drink table when WC turned and chatted with me. Worlds collide! This is not allowed! We made chit chat for a few minutes. I introduced Matt to him. (Forgetting that I'm supposed to introduce him as Matthew.) And after WC left, he just smirked at me. As I dug myself a hole and got more and more embarrassed. He thinks that perhaps there may be something there. :D

And in final news, WC did compliment my hair. :) Yesterday I was ready to give up on him because he went the whole day without saying anything, but today he redeemed himself so I'll continue my crazy crush a little longer. I am a fickle girl I know.

1 comment:

... said...

I thought that the new bright yellow liner to your jacket was supposed to alleviate this problem of invisibility????